This is a simple side dish to throw together and pop in the oven in 5 minutes or less. My little guy LOVED it. He kept coming back for more. In fact, he kept walking over for more, which is a really big deal, considering his preferred way of travel is by knee scooting only. True story.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp or more tandoori masala seasoning
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 475
- Prepare a baking sheet by covering it with parchment paper
- Cut out the stem of the cauliflower and separate into florets - not too small, you don't want the cauliflower to burn in the oven
- Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet
- Drizzle the olive oil over the cauliflower
- Sprinkle the salt on the cauliflower
- Sprinkle the tandoori masala seasoning on the cauliflower
- Using your hands incorporate everything together, ensuring that everything is covered
- Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes or so
I put these in the oven starting at 450 for 20 minutes, tossed them around, then increased to 475 for another 10. I checked on them again, tossed them around and shut the oven off. They came out great. Just be careful they don't burn...every oven is different.
This tandoori masala seasoning is great for all kinds of veggies…beans and lentils too. It is NOT spicy at all. Definitely a pantry staple for me. I bought this by accident, too!
My little one has been eating cauliflower like this since he could chew. (He was exposed to Indian food at a very early age…it’s the only thing that tasted good to me when I was pregnant…Indian food and burritos).
This cauliflower has always been a hit. It’s great as a snack or a side dish! I hope your babes like it too!
Kid verdict: APPROVED!