I was making this breakfast tofu scramble for myself…but in the middle of making it, I decided the little man should be eating it too. I think it turned out pretty well….here’s what I threw in there:
- 1 half brick extra firm tofu - drained and squeezed
- olive oil for the pan
- ¼ -1/2 c chopped broccoli
- ¼ c leftover roasted potatoes (w/ rosemary & garlic)
- ¼ c finely chopped onion
- pinch tarragon
- pinch tumeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- sprinkling daiya cheddar vegan cheese
- Get your veggies going in the pan with the olive olive oil (salt and pepper) until the onions are soft and the broccoli has browned a bit.
- Add the tofu with the tarragon and tumeric and cook out all the remaining moisture - get the tofu browned at bit too.
- Add the roasted potatoes until warmed through.
- When warmed, add the cheese until melted.
- Voila! You're done.
This took about 5 minutes to throw together. Pantry special! 🙂
I added tarragon because my Aunt Stella always added it to her scrambled eggs. I never forgot that….she’s a darn good cook, so I figured why not? It works here. Thanks, Aunt Stella! xox
Here’s the verdict….This was a hit to start. Then, to be honest, he never touched it again. Eh. It happens. I shall try again! I liked it, so that’s something.